Hard to find acreage, located in a peaceful valley at 2500 ft elevation near the head of Shepherd Creek Road, is a gorgeous 21.79 acres with pasture, creek and views of Pat Knob, the Cedar Cliff and Leatherman Bald.The most amazing feature is the creek itself. Shepherd Creek bisects the entire parcel. This is a bold and bustling trout stream that provides a constant melodic backdrop and a cooling breeze during the dog days of summer. This 80 year old homestead with can house / smoke house provides old time charm. The property has multiple large open flat/level areas suitable for your dream home. The east side of road has 50+ mature white pines ready for sale. This property is home to some cows now that enjoy grazing in the pasture and drinking the cool water from the creek. No value was given to the old buildings they were left to remind us how simple life in the mountains can be.
View on map / Neighborhood
- Directions: From Franklin take Hwy 28 North to right on Cowee Creek Rd and bear left on Leatherman Gap Rd to left on Shepherd Creek Rd. 1128 is on the left.
- TV/Internet: Satellite Internet,Satellite TV
- Utilities: Overhead Electric,Spring
- Buildings: Garage,Outbuilding,House As Is
- Elementary School: Iotla Elementary
- Middle School: Macon Middle
- High School: Franklin
Fees & Taxes
- County Tax: $ 555.20
- City Tax: $ 0.00
- Virtual Tour: tour.usamls.net/1128-Shepherd-Creek-Rd-Franklin-NC-28734/unbranded
- Deed Book: T-20
- Deed Page: 764-765
- Buyer $/%: 5