- MLS #: 26026724
- Date added: 07/12/22
- Post Updated: 2022-10-03 18:46:30
- Type: Residential
- Status: Active
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Floors: Carpet,Ceramic,Hardwood
- Year built: 1985
- Area: Bryson City Rural
- Financing: Cash,Owner Will Carry,Conventional
- County: Swain
- Listing Office: 259225
- Apx SqFt Range: 3401-4000
- Apx Heated SqFt: 4032
- Township: Charleston (Swain Co.)
- Subdivision: None
Once known as “The Black Bear Lodge” this log cabin has hosted many family retreats over 10+ years as a vacation rental. This 4 bed & 3 1/2 bath Lodge has 8.59 unrestricted acres & is located only 6mi from Bryson City and 3mi to a Fontana Lake marina. New additions include; oversized carport, gutters w/leaf guards, screws replaced in metal roof to prevent leaks, 4 new windows on south facing side, 3 covered porches 10×34 screened-in w/ceiling fans, exterior stairs from 2 level, new 8pp Viking hot tub, all new stainless appliances in kitchen, wood burning stove installed w/ blower, covered area off workshop w/ small fenced yard, expanded driveway & cleared wooded hillside above Lodge which now is covered in wild blueberries. New carpet on main floor. Included are many antiques, art work, 2 mounted deer, a moose, vintage Brunswick pool table, custom wood bedroom suite and much more. Back porch overlooks a hillside flowerbed and terraced garden space just below the workshop. Mtn views can be opened up with tree trimming. So much more to love about this cabin.
View on map / Neighborhood
- Directions: From Hwy 74 W, take Bryson City Exit 67 & follow Veterans Blvd through 2 lights & go left onto Hwy 19. Follow past Ingles then take a right on Buckner Branch Rd. Follow 4.4 miles. Once you see Black Forest Gated entrance, Pine View Rd will be the next road on the left. Follow gravel road to Black Bear Lodge sign. Driveway is paved.
- Appliances: Water Filter System,Dishwasher,Refrigerator,Exhaust Fan/Hood,Water Conditioner,Microwave,Electric Oven/Range
- Interior Features: Cell Service Available,Open Floor Plan,Smoke Detectors,Window Treatments,Breakfast Bar,Great Room,Island,Workshop,Country Kitchen,Rec/Game Room,Cathedral/Vaulted Ceiling,Formal Dining Room,Security System,Ceiling Fans,Hot Tub/Spa,Large Master Bedroom
- Exterior Features: Storage Building/Shed,Porch,Deck,Rustic Appearance,Fenced Yard,Outbuilding/Workshop,Satellite Dish,Paved Driveway,Screened Porch/Deck
- Acreage Features: Heavily Wooded,Private,Partially Wooded,Rolling,Unrestricted,Short Range View,Stream/Creek
- Exterior Finish: Log,Stone
- Sewer: Septic Tank
- Roofing: Metal
- Type & Style: Log,Custom
- Water: Well,Private
- Basement/Foundation: Full,Washer/Dryer Hook-up,Slab,Recreation/Game Room,Finished,Outside Entrance,Finished Bath,Heated,Indoor Access
- Fireplace: Woodstove,Blower,Stone/Rock
- Attic: Access Only
- Garage/Carport: Carport-Triple Attached
- Basement Heated SqFt: 1152
- TV/Internet: Satellite Internet,Satellite TV
- Road Maintenance Detail: Road Maintenance Agreement,Community,Gravel Road
- Windows/Doors: Windows-Screens,Patio/Atrium,Windows-Insulated,Doors-Insulated
- Water Heater: Electric
- Fuel/Heat System: Wood,Heat Pump,Electric
- Furnished: Partially
- Air Conditioning: Central Electric,Heat Pump,Two Zone
- Baths-Main: 1
- Baths-Lower: 1
- Half Baths: 1
- Baths-Upper: 2
- Bedroom 2 Size/Dimensions: 14' x 14'
- Bedroom 2 Lvl: First
- Bedroom 3 Size/Dimensions: 13' x 12'
- Bedroom 3 Lvl: Second
- Bedroom 4 Size/Dimensions: 11' x 12'
- Bedroom 4 Lvl: Second
- Addl Living Space: None
- Family Rm Size/Dimensions: Game Room
- Master Bedroom Size/Dimensions: 17'8" x 14'
- Master Bedroom Lvl: Second
- Laundry Room Lvl: Basement
- Dining Room Size/Dimensions: 18' x 10'
- Dining Room Lvl: First
- Kitchen Size/Dimensions: 29' x 14'
- Kitchen Lvl: First
- Great Room Size/Dimensions: 22' x 22'
- Great Room Lvl: First
- Elementary School: West Swain
- Middle School: Swain County
- High School: Swain County
Fees & Taxes
- County Tax: $ 1,795.00